From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Engineering Management involves the overall management of organizations with an orientation to manufacturing, engineering, technology or production. Programs are available that provide Bachelor's, Master's and Ph.D degrees. Undergraduate programs provide generalist degrees that enable engineers to better deal in the business environment. Master's Degrees in Engineering Management provide a technical-based alternative to traditional MBA programs. Industrial and professional associations such as engineers' societies also offer certification programs that validate Engineering Management knowledge and skills. Specialization areas in both degree and certification programs may include management of technology, product and process, quality, organizational management, operations management, program management, marketing and finance.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers (AIME)
- American Society for Engineering Management
- Canadian Society for Engineering Management